Penn Stone Contractor Customer Update: April 24, 2020
We’re excited to announce that next week we will take a big step towards resuming normal operations: on Monday April 27, we will return all Penn Stone employees to work following a five-week furlough. We appreciate our customers’ patience and cooperation during this time, and look forward to continued progress towards a safe return to construction activity in Pennsylvania.
Please note that we will continue to operate with modified customer service procedures, as follows:
- We will be open Monday through Friday from 6:30am to 4:30pm
- We will continue to require all yard loading orders to be placed by phone or email (see below for more details)
- Our customer service counter, indoor showroom, retail store and office will continue to be restricted areas, and only Penn Stone employees are permitted to enter
- Our outdoor showroom is available by appointment only (see below for more details)
Current yard loading procedures are as follows:
- All orders must be placed in advance
- For prompt yard loading, please place your order as far in advance as possible
- When we receive your order, we will either:
- tell you at that time when your order will be ready, or
- call you after your order is complete to tell you it’s available for pickup
- When you arrive for pickup, before entering the yard call 717.397.5264 for loading instructions
- We are not permitting customers to wait in our yard while their order is prepared
- Customers who do not place their order in advance should call upon arrival to place their order and will be required to remain outside of the Penn Stone yard while their order is prepared
- Upon entering the yard, customers should remain in their vehicles at all times except to secure their loads.
- If hand loading is required, a Penn Stone yard attendant will place the order near the customer’s vehicle, and the customer will be responsible for loading after the employee has left the area.
- Customers must wear masks if they exit their vehicle, and we will provide masks if necessary
- Self-service curbside pickup is also available for customers who do not require forklift loading
- No order documentation will be provided at time of pickup
- For customers without a charge account, payment arrangements must be made in advance, and credit card payments are strongly preferred. Invoices will be provided via email upon request.
- For charge accounts, invoices will be emailed or will be mailed with the month-end statement.
Current outdoor showroom procedures are as follows:
- Customer visits to our outdoor showroom are available by appointment only
- Customer visits to our outdoor showroom will be self-service only
- Visitors to our outdoor showroom must wear masks at all times
- EP Henry and Unilock catalogs will be available in our outdoor showroom
- Other catalogs will be available upon request
- For pricing inquiries while browsing our our outdoor showroom, call 717.397.5264
Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation.